The Church of St. John
Address: ul. . John the Baptist 1, Stargard Szczeciński 73-110
Tel: + 48 915783050
The Church of St. John has the highest Tower on the Western Pomerania.
Initially there was a chapel, was built in the 13th century, later the Hall church. In 1697 he building collapsed. Rebuilt in the 19th century noeogotycką Tower gained its present shape.
Interesting discovery was accompanied by a modern reconstruction of the Church, when in the spring of 1998, during the renovation of the Tower Finial, discovered a collection of documents and coins together with a letter of pastor of the Church, dated August 17, 1893, placed in a metal ball. Outdoor items are kept in the City Museum at old town square, and their place was occupied by the modern information Stargard and message to future generations.
In the Interior there are organ built by organomistrza Wagner from 1731. In the northern part of the Church with sacristy are 15th century czterosiedziskowe stalls with carved walls. In 2005 they were bought to the Church the relics of the Holy Raphael Kalinowski.